Socio-ecological and Behavioral Science for Equity
Click on the links below to view resources by category.
- Community Engagement
- Health Equity
- Implementation Science
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT RESOURCES
- Holzer J, Kass N. Community engagement strategies in the original and renewal applications for CTSA grant funding. Clinical and Translational Science. 2014 Feb;7(1):38-43.
Narratives of community engagement: a systematic review-derived conceptual framework for public health interventions | BMC Public Health | Full Text (biomedcentral.com)
- Brunton, G., Thomas, J., O’Mara-Eves, A., Jamal, F., Oliver, S., & Kavanagh, J. (2017). Narratives of community engagement: a systematic review-derived conceptual framework for public health interventions. BMC public health, 17(1), 944. doi:10.1186/s12889-017-4958-4.
Narratives of community engagem: a systematic review-derived conceptual framework for public health interventions (nih.gov)
- National Academy of Medicine Meaningful Community Engagement
Assessing Meaningful Community Engagement – National Academy of Medicine (nam.edu)
HEALTH EQUITY RESOURCES
- Ford, C, Griffith, D, Bruce, M., & Gilbert, K. Racism: Scient & Tools for the Public Health Professional
Acknowledgments | Racism: Science & Tools for the Public Health Professional (aphapublications.org)
- Health Equity in Healthy People 2030
Health Equity in Healthy People 2030 – Healthy People 2030 | health.gov
- USDHHS Office of Minority Health
- National Standards for Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services in Health and Health Care: A Blueprint for Advancing and Sustaining CLAS Policy and Practice. Washington, DC: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Minority Health (OMH), 2013. vi, 192 p.MH13D11824
- American Medical Association’s Advancing health equity: A guide to language, narrative and concepts
Advancing Health Equity: A Guide to Language, Narrative and Concepts (ama-assn.org)
- American Psychological Association’s Inclusive Language Guide
Inclusive Language Guidelines (apa.org)
- CDC’s A Practitioners Guide for Advancing Health Equity
A Practitioner’s Guide for Advancing Health Equity: Community Strategies for Preventing Chronic Disease (cdc.gov)
IMPLEMENTATION SCIENCE RESOURCES
Implementation Science at a Glance
Bauer MS, Damschroder L, Hagedorn H, Smith J, Kilbourne AM. An introduction to implementation science for the non-specialist. BMC Psychol. 2015 Sep 16;3(1):32.
An introduction to implementation science for the non-specialist – PMC (nih.gov)
Proctor, E.K., Powell, B.J., Baumann, A.A. et al. Writing implementation research grant proposals: ten key ingredients. Implementation Sci 7, 96 (2012).
Writing implementation research grant proposals: ten key ingredients | Implementation Science | Full Text (biomedcentral.com)
Brownson RC, Colditz GA, Dobbins M, Emmons KM, Kerner JF, Padek M, Proctor EK, Stange KC. Concocting that magic elixir: successful grant application writing in dissemination and implementation research. Clinical and translational science. 2015;8(6):710-6.
Concocting that Magic Elixir: Successful Grant Application Writing in Dissemination and Implementation Research – Brownson – 2015 – Clinical and Translational Science – Wiley Online Library
Training Institute for Dissemination and Implementation Research in Cancer (TIDIRC) OpenAccess
Training Institute for Dissemination and Implementation Research in Cancer (TIDIRC) OpenAccess | Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences (DCCPS)
Glanz, K., Rimer, B.K. and Viswanath, K. eds., 2015. Health behavior: Theory, research, and practice. John Wiley & Sons.
Nilsen, P. Making sense of implementation theories, models and frameworks. Implementation Sci 10, 53 (2015).
Making sense of implementation theories, models and frameworks | Implementation Science | Full Text (biomedcentral.com)
US Department of Health and Human Services. Theory at a glance: A guide for health promotion practice. Washington, DC, 2018.
Theory at a Glance: Application to Health Promotion and Health Behavior (Second Edition) (cancer.gov)